All full-time non-faculty employees are entitled to the below paid college holidays.
The College’s 2023-24 holiday and break schedule for eligible staff is as follows:
- Juneteenth: Monday, June 19, 2023
- Special Additional Holiday: Monday, July 3, 2023
- Independence Day: Tuesday, July 4, 2023
- October Study Days: Monday, October 16, 2023 and Tuesday, October 17, 2023 (eligible staff may take one of these two days)
- Thanksgiving Holiday: Wednesday, November 22, 2023 through Friday, November 24, 2023
- Winter Break: Friday, December 22, 2023 through Monday, January 1, 2024, returning on Tuesday, January 2, 2024. (These days include the Christmas holiday and New Year’s holiday, plus five days of paid winter break time.)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Monday, January 15, 2024 (considered a paid college holiday in the years in which classes are not held on the holiday)
- Spring Break: Monday, March 11, 2024 through Friday, March 15, 2024
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 27, 2024
Please contact Human Resources if you have questions concerning these holidays or breaks.
In addition to the college-designated holidays listed above, full-time staff and regular part-time staff will receive three floating holidays for use throughout the year.
If a paid holiday falls within an employee's approved vacation period, an additional day off with pay will be allowed.
Regular part-time employees and casual employees who regularly work less than 21 hours each week are paid only for those holidays that fall on their regularly scheduled workdays.
Working on a College-Designated Holiday
In some years, the college schedule requires partial or full staff coverage on a college-designated holiday. Employees should be aware that they might be expected to work on such a holiday as part of their responsibility to the needs of the College and its students. Notification of required coverage during such a holiday will be made in writing (in advance of the holiday) by your Department Head. Exempt staff will be provided with a days off for use at a later time.
Any non-exempt employee who is required to work on a College-designated holiday will be paid at a rate of time-and-a-half for all hours worked on the holiday. For the purpose of this pay policy, the College's Winter Break shall be considered a holiday.
Any full-time non-exempt employee and regular part-time non-exempt employees who must work on a College-designated holiday will also receive equivalent time off for the hours worked.
Temporary and casual employees who work irregularly or on an "on-call" basis are paid only for actual hours worked and, therefore, receive no paid holidays.