After one year of eligible service employees may receive a partial remission of the tuition charge for their dependent children who attend the College's Early Childhood Center.

A dependent child is defined as one who receives more than one-half support from the employee and is claimed as a dependent by the employee on their tax return in each year of the tuition benefit. As proof of dependency, a copy of the "Filing Status" section of the employee's Federal Income Tax return must be attached to the tuition remission application. To prove dependency for a child of an employee and their domestic partner—where the employee may not claim the child as a dependent on the federal tax return, or for a child of the employee and their same sex spouse who may not file joint tax returns according to federal regulations, the child must be claimed as a dependent on the named domestic partner or spouse’s tax return, in each year of the tuition benefit. For same-sex married couples, to the extent that the state of residence permits joint tax returns and the claiming of the child as a dependent, a state tax return will be acceptable as proof of dependency.

Employees must have met the service requirement prior to the beginning of the year or semester for which tuition remission is extended. Tuition Remission for dependent children of employees is awarded to the dependent child, not the employee. Therefore, if a child has two parents employed by Sarah Lawrence College, this does not affect the educational benefit awarded to the child.

Dependent children of full-time employees who attend the College's Early Childhood Center will receive a 50% remission of the tuition charge after one year of service. Dependent children of part time employees will receive 25% remission after one year of service.  Placement in the ECC is not guaranteed. Placement is contingent on classroom space availability. Please refer to the ECC website or call (914) 394-2353 for information on the application timeline.

Education Benefits Forms

Note: No benefit can be granted until this form has been completed and returned to the Human Resources Office with the required income tax information and/or proof of dependency, attached, if applicable.

(.pdf, 193K)