Students with documented disabilities which substantially limit their ability to live in Sarah Lawrence's traditional housing accommodations may apply for Specialized Housing under the College's Specialized Housing Policy.
Procedure for Requesting Specialized Housing
1. Students must have a documented disability and be registered with Disability Services in order to request a specialized housing accommodation. Information on how to register and what documentation needs to be submitted can be found at https://www.sarahlawrence.edu/disability-services/.
2. Once a student is registered with Disability Services, in order to request the Specialized Housing Accommodation, students need to submit the following:
- Specialized Housing Request Form This form is on MySLC under Residence Life - Specialized Housing. This is a fillable form that comes directly to the Associate Dean of Studies and Disability Services.
- Documentation for Specialized Housing Form completed by a healthcare provider (therapist or doctor) who can address the specific need for the requested accommodation. This cannot be completed by a relative of the student making the request. This form is available on MySLC under Residence Life/Specialized Housing. The Documentation for Specialized Housing Form will not be required if the disability is readily observable (e.g., the student uses a wheelchair or scooter for mobility or is deaf or blind).
3. All required forms for Fall 2019 incoming students are due by JULY 8, 2019 and should be sent to:
Polly B. Waldman, Associate Dean of Studies and Disabilities Services
Sarah Lawrence College
One Mead Way
Bronxville, NY 10708
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
4. All requests and documentation are reviewed by Dean Waldman. In early July, students will be notified (via email, copied to Residence Life) whether the accommodation is approved and what the recommendation is for the accommodation. Residence Life will post housing assignments on MySLC in early August.