As you prepare to leave campus , please be mindful of the fact that another student will be returning and moving into your room. Be sure to remove all of your belongings from the room, schedule a room inspection with your RA if you choose to, and turn in your keys when you leave campus, either at Campus Operations (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM) or the Westlands desk in an express checkout envelope.
If you select to do a room inspection with your RA, you must complete the following steps:
- Show the email you receive with move out instructions to the Operations Office (purple door) to get the Room Condition Report that you filled out when you moved in. Operations Office is open M-F, 9AM-5PM.
- Move all of your belonging out, and remove any trash from the old room.
- Arrange for a room inspection with your current RA or another RA if your RA is not available.
- Turn in your keys and your completed Room Condition Report to the Operations Office or Westlands Desk before you leave.
- When signing up for your inspection with your RA, choose a time when you have all your belongings packed.
- Please keep in mind: Upon departure, rooms must be broom swept, meaning all belongings and garbage (including all non-SLC furniture items, clothing, paper, and books) must be removed.
- When you leave your room for good, please lock all of your doors and windows, then turn in your keys to the purple door or Westlands desk.