As you prepare to leave campus for the spring, please be mindful of the fact that another student will be returning and moving into your room next semester. Be sure to remove all of your belongings from the room, schedule a room inspection with your RA, and turn in your keys when you leave for break, no later than December 22, 2018 at 10am.
- EVERY student not returning to housing next semester MUST do an official room check-out with someone from Residence Life.
For the Room Inspection you must complete the following steps:
- Show the email you receive once you cancel your housing and to the Operations Office (purple door) to get the Room Condition Report that you filled out when you moved in. Operations Office is open M-F, 9am-5pm.
- Move all of your belonging out, and remove any trash from the old room.
- Arrange for a room inspection with your current RA or another RA if your RA is not available.
- Turn in your keys and your completed Room Condition Report to the Operations Office or Westlands Desk before you leave.
- When signing up for your inspection with your RA, choose a time when you have all your belongings packed. You will be fined $100 should you not sign up for a room inspection.
- Please keep in mind: Upon departure, rooms must be broom swept, meaning all belongings and garbage (including all non-SLC furniture items, clothing, paper, and books) must be removed.
- When you leave your room for good, please lock all of your doors and windows, then turn in your keys to the purple door or Westlands desk.
- This must be completed before December 22, 2018 at 10am.
HOUSING LOTTERY (For Students Going Abroad)
Information on the Housing Lottery will be sent to abroad students in February. The entire process is done electronically, through MySLC. So, abroad students are able to participate fully in the individual housing lottery as well as the group petition process. Abroad students who do not participate in the spring housing selection process will not be guaranteed housing for the fall of 2019.