1. Click on the Start menu, and select "Help and Support".
2. Click the first option under Ask for Assistance, "Invite a friend to connect to your computer with Remote Assistance".
3. Click "Invite someone to help you".
4. Click "Save invitation as a file (Advanced)".
5. Enter the appropriate name and length of invitation, then click "Continue"
6. Do NOT enter a password for the invitation, just click "Save Invitation" to continue.
7. Save the invitation to the desktop. Press "Save" to continue.
8. Faculty members on campus: skip to step 9. Off-campus: Attach the invitation to an email and send it to the person who you wish to have remote access to your computer.
9. Once the other person has accepted your invitation, the following pop-up will show up on your desktop. Click "Yes" to continue.
10. The following pop-up will appear shortly. Press "Yes" to complete the remote assistance process, giving the other person permission to control to your computer.