How to Request a Transcript
Official transcripts bear the College seal and the Registrar’s signature. Transcripts issued to the student or former student are stamped "Issued to Student" and enclosed in a sealed envelope. If you are forwarding them to another party (e.g. another college or university, potential employer, etc.) where an official transcript is needed, you should not open the envelope.
Sarah Lawrence College cannot provide you with copies of transcripts from other schools you have attended. If such transcripts are needed, please contact those schools directly.
We do not issue unofficial transcripts, which are available to students with MySLC accounts through the "My Transcript" link.
If you are currently enrolled and your request is marked "hold for final grades" or “hold for degree,” we will hold your request until grades or degree are posted, or until you notify us otherwise. If you are currently enrolled in yearlong classes and wish to include provisional grades with your transcript, you must come to the registrar’s office (second floor of Westlands) to obtain provisional grade forms.
The fee for transcripts, whether ordered online, by mail, or in person is $8.25 per copy. Additional charges may apply for FedEx or electronic delivery. (Electronic delivery options are available only with online orders -- see below).
Please note that SLC does NOT send transcripts through the Common App. The "registrar's report" should be downloaded, printed, and directed to the Dean of Studies Office.
Ordering Transcripts Online
Sarah Lawrence College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the Web. Transcripts may be requested 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Online transcript requests submitted on weekends or while the College is closed for holidays will be processed in the order received when the College re-opens. You can order transcripts using any major credit card. Your card will be charged only after your transcript has been sent. To order official transcripts online:
- Login in to the National Student Clearinghouse secure site
- The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. There is a fee of $8.25 per copy.
- To ensure confidentiality and to comply with federal regulations, your signed authorization is required to issue transcripts. For your convenience, the Clearinghouse’s online ordering service will generate a consent form for you that you may return to the Clearinghouse by fax, mail, or as a scanned email attachment.
- Delivery options for online orders include mail, fax, FedEx, electronic exchange (with participating schools), and electronic pdf. Electronic delivery options are available with online orders only.
- Order updates will be emailed to you from the Clearinghouse. You can also track your order online.
- If you need help or have questions about the Clearinghouse’s transcript ordering service, you may contact them by email at email@example.com or phone: (703) 742-7791.
Ordering Transcripts by Mail
You may download a Transcript Request Form or include the required information in a letter and mail it to:
Sarah Lawrence College
1 Mead Way
Bronxville, NY 10708
Your request must include:
- your name and current address
- any previous names you were enrolled under
- your dates of attendance
- SLC ID number or social security number (optional)
- the address to which the transcript is to be sent
- your signature
- a telephone number and/or email address where you can be reached if there are questions about your request
- The transcript fee of $8.25 per copy. Transcripts must be paid in advance by cash, check, or money order in U.S. Dollars. The fee cannot be billed to your student account. Checks should be made payable to Sarah Lawrence College. We cannot accept credit card payments for mail requests.
Note: We are unable to issue a transcript without your signed authorization.
The Registrar's Office is located on the second floor of Westlands, and is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The College is closed for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Memorial Day, the July 4th holiday, Thanksgiving (including the preceding Wednesday and following Friday), and for 7-10 days surrounding Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Students and alumnae/i may complete transcript request forms in the Registrar’s Office but transcripts are not issued while you wait . We are unable to accept credit card payments for walk-in requests.