As the College has moved to all staff working remotely and only essential staff are being required to report to campus, please review the following direction on the submission of weekly time sheets until further notice.
• As explained in the community email sent on Monday March 16, the College is requiring all non-essential employees to work remotely --this includes staff paid on a weekly basis.
• In the case that a non-essential staff member's regular work does not lend itself to remote work, supervisors should be creative in the assignment of special projects or assignments. Please contact the Office of Human Resources discuss special project options.
• In the case that a staff member cannot perform any type of work remotely (including special projects as assigned by supervisors) they will still receive pay for their regularly scheduled hours.
• Hourly staff who are required by their supervisor to be on campus as an essential employee will be paid time-and-a-half for all hours worked on campus.
Time Sheet Submissions
• Please submit next week's weekly time sheets by Monday, March 23, using the regular process (by email to Candace Brutus at firstname.lastname@example.org). These time sheets are for the March 16 - March 22 pay period. This is important because regular weekly staff (even if they work less than 21 hours per week) receive a paid spring break. These time sheets are for the pay date Friday, March 27.
• In an effort to minimize the number of time sheets being submitted remotely, for future pay periods, the College will pay all staff for their regularly scheduled hours without the use of time sheets.
• Supervisors should only submit time sheets to Payroll by email for staff who work on campus or are reporting sickness during a pay period. Please clearly indicate at the top of the time sheet that the employee worked on campus, as these will be paid at an overtime rate for those staff.
• Weekly staff shall not be permitted to work in excess of their regularly scheduled hours from home or on campus.
Please contact the College’s Payroll Office with questions concerning weekly time sheets.