Residential Life & Housing Updates
2022-23 Room Selection for Returning students is complete. Selections made during this process are considered final, meaning that rising sophomores, juniors and seniors can be assured the specific housing assignment they selected in person at Residential Life in April will be the exact housing assignment that will have when they return this fall (unless the student requests cancellation of their housing reservation). Residential Life currently has more than 100 returning students on a waitlist for fall on-campus housing and Res Life is no longer accepting housing applications from returners. As housing cancellations are received and bed spaces open up between now and September, waitlisted students will be contacted via email with offers to live on campus.
Students can view their ’22-’23 housing assignment OR their place on the waitlist for housing by logging on to the THD Housing Portal here. (If you find the page doesn’t load as expected, please try refreshing your browser, clearing your cache, or use an incognito page.)
New Student Housing Applications
Housing applications for first-year and transfer students will open soon. All new students will be notified via email when they can apply. Living on campus is required for all first-year students and limited campus housing is also available for transfer students. All student residences surrounding the North Lawn, including Westlands, as well as the first-floor of Hill House apartments have been reserved for first-year students to occupy in the upcoming academic year.
Spring 2022 Move Out
- Wednesday, May 11 – All current First-Years, Sophomores, and Juniors must checkout of their room and vacate campus before 10 a.m. on May 11.
- Friday, May 13 – Student residences close for all seniors at 8 p.m.
- Additional details regarding proper check out procedures will be disseminated in Residential Life communications in the weeks ahead and all areas will have one mandatory closing floor meeting with their Resident Advisor in May.
- No belongings may be left or stored on campus during the summer recess. For families interested in packing and shipping services, Collegeboxes offers a 10% discount to Sarah Lawrence students who use the pro code SLC22. (www.collegeboxes.com/866-BOX.IT.UP). Please refer to AVP Mo Gallegher’s March 16 Collegeboxes email for more information.
- End-of-Semester dining options and times are available here.
COVID Awareness & Prevention
Our campus community is currently experiencing a significant spike in COVID transmission. Everyone’s cooperation and vigilance in keeping themselves and others safe is both expected and appreciated.
- Masks are still required on campus.
- Students testing positive will now isolate and quarantine in place in their existing residence.
- Many in-person events have been cancelled or reduced in size.
- Large gatherings and parties are prohibited due to COVID mitigation efforts. Students hosting parties are subject to sanctions, including possible housing probation or revocation.
Need more information or have a questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.