How to Request a Transcript
Official transcripts bear the College seal and the Registrar’s signature. Transcripts issued to the student or former student are stamped "Issued to Student" and enclosed in a sealed envelope. If you are forwarding them to another party (e.g. another college or university, potential employer, etc.) where an official transcript is needed, you should not open the envelope.
Sarah Lawrence College cannot provide you with copies of transcripts from other schools you have attended. If such transcripts are needed, please contact those schools directly.
We do not issue unofficial transcripts, which are available to students with MySLC accounts through the "My Transcript" link.
If you are currently enrolled and your request is marked "hold for final grades" or “hold for degree,” we will hold your request until grades or degree are posted, or until you notify us otherwise. If you are currently enrolled in yearlong classes and wish to include provisional grades with your transcript, you may ask your teachers to submit them through MySLC.
The fee for transcripts, whether ordered online, by mail, or in person is $9.50 per copy. Additional charges may apply for expedited or electronic delivery. (Electronic delivery options are available only with online orders -- see below).
Please note that SLC does NOT send transcripts through the Common App's College Report. This must should be downloaded, printed, and directed to the Dean of Studies Office.
Ordering Transcripts Online
Sarah Lawrence College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the Web. Transcripts may be requested 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Online transcript requests submitted on weekends or while the College is closed for holidays will be processed in the order received when the College re-opens. You can order transcripts using any major credit card. Your card will be charged only after your transcript has been sent. To order official transcripts online:
- Login in to the National Student Clearinghouse secure site
- The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. There is a fee of $9.50 per copy.
- To ensure confidentiality and to comply with federal regulations, your signed authorization is required to issue transcripts. For your convenience, the Clearinghouse’s online ordering service will generate a consent form for you that you may return to the Clearinghouse by fax, mail, or as a scanned email attachment.
- Delivery options for online orders include mail, FedEx, electronic exchange (with participating schools), and electronic pdf. Electronic delivery options are available with online orders only.
- Order updates will be emailed to you from the Clearinghouse. You can also track your order online.
- If you need help or have questions about the Clearinghouse’s transcript ordering service, you may contact them by email at email@example.com or phone: (703) 742-7791.
Ordering Transcripts by Mail
Walk-in Ordering (**Not Currently Available**)