Get to a safe place.
- If you are in immediate danger: Contact 911
- If you are using a cell phone in an emergency: Call (914) 377-7777
This emergency number is a direct line to the Yonkers Police Department.
Seek medical attention.
- Take care to preserve any physical evidence.
- Go to the nearest hospital emergency room and request a SAFE clinician (Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner).
- Request 911 transport to the Westchester Medical Center Emergency Room (914) 493-7307 for Forensic Acute Care Team treatment.
Talk to a confidential support person.
- Westchester Victims Assistance Hotline (24/7): (914) 345-9111
- SLC Health & Wellness Center (M-F; 9-5): (914) 395-2350
Please note: Other than the Health & Wellness Center staff, College employees (including RAs) who become aware of a sexual assault at Sarah Lawrence are required to report to the Title IX Coordinator. Sarah Lawrence College offices and employees who cannot guarantee confidentiality will maintain your privacy to the greatest extent possible. The information you provide to a nonconfidential resource will be relayed only as necessary for the Title IX coordinator to investigate and/or seek a resolution.
The College encourages you to report to:
- SLC Title IX Coordinator, Dean Allen Green: (914) 395-2527
- SLC Public Safety and Security: (914) 395-2222/2209
- Yonkers Police Department: (914) 377-7900
The College encourages you to pursue:
- SLC Complaint: Student Affairs: (914) 395-2575
- Criminal Charges: Yonkers Police Department: (914) 377-7900
- Westchester District Attorney's Office, Sex Crimes Division (914) 955-4172
Please note: Members of the College staff are available to help you make these formal complaints.