Back to article list
MySLC Documentation: Forums
Posts within Forums topics are listed in chronological order to relay one response to another.
- Click on the name of the topic to see the posts contained in it.
- Click on the title of the post to view the post.
- You are now viewing the current post. All replies appear below the original post.
- The posts appearing in green are posts that you have not read before. Posts appearing in a grey blue are posts that you have already read.
- To e-mail the author of a post, click on the envelope icon under their name on their post. For more information, refer to Group directory: Sending Emails.
- To view the author of a post's information, click on the "i" icon next to the envelope icon under their name on their post. For more information, refer to Personal Info: My Info Popup.
- To edit a post, click on the pencil icon located at the bottom of a post in a grey box to the left of the trash can icon. Note: You can only edit your own posts.
- To delete a post, click on the trash can icon located at the bottom of a post in a grey box to the right of the pencil icon. Note: You can only delete your own posts.
- The word count can be found at the bottom of the post under the pencil and trash can icons.
Using the arrows in the gray bar, you can sift through the posts inside the topic from whatever post you are currently in.
To configure how the posts appear and how you reply to them, click on the "View/Reply Options" link located to the left of the "Subscribe" button. Once these options are in effect, they will apply to all posts and replies in the Forums.
There are two ways to display messages inside of a post.
- Show options:
- The "Post and Replies" option displays more than one message at once.
- The "Single Message" option displays only one message at a time.
- Sort options:
- The "Chronological" option allows you to order the messages from oldest to newest from when they were posted.
- The "Discussion" option allows you to order the messages in threaded response to each other.
To change the number of replies you see in response to every original post, select a number from the drop-down menu to the left of "Messages per page".
Check the check boxes next to the options you would like to place into effect.
- The first option allows you to quote the post you are responding to in your reply.
- The second option allows you to decide whether your photo shows up next to your post. For more information about who can see your photo, refer to Personal Info: My Info Popup.
When you are done you can either click "Save Options" or "Cancel".
- "Save Options" allows you to put your changes into effect.
- By clicking on "Cancel", your changes will be voided.
Back to article list