Back to article list
MySLC Documentation: Chat
By using certain functions in chat, you can control different settings to achieve a variety of tasks.
- The speakerphone button is the sound on/off button. It allows you to toggle whether or not the chat room will present you with an audible alert when a new message is received.
- The exclamation point button is the window alert on/off button. When you have the window alert on, if you hide the chat browser window it will pop up automatically as soon as there are new messages in the chat. If you turn it off, the window will remain hidden.
- The dash button is the set status button. It allows you to change your status so users see you as either "Online" or "Away".
When your status is set to online, it will appear as below.
When your status is set to "Away", it will appear as below.
- The floppy disk button is the save transcript button. It allows you to save a transcript of the room on your computer as a .txt file.
A new window will open up in your browser once you have clicked the save button that will say, "Don't close until save window opens..." as seen below.
- The printer button is the print button. It allows you to print a page containing the text in the room.
- The question mark button is the help button. It can provide you with any additional information you may need regarding the chat tools. Back to article list